Wow Your Sweetheart with These Heart-Stopping Bouquets
1. Burst of Color This tropical mix of flowers arranged by Jeannine DePhillips, floral designer and co-owner of Flowers by Joan in Waldwick, contains pincushion protea, Bells of Ireland, green hydrangea, white dendrobium orchids and pink cymbidium orchids. Curly willow, monstera and magnolia leaves fill out the arrangement.
2. Is It Spring Yet? Jeannine DePhillips of Flowers by Joan designed this spring-inspired arrangement with white and green hydrangeas, tulips, iris, lavender stock flower, curly willow and purple statice.
(SIDEBAR WITH 4 PIX)
How to make your own special bouquet:
1. Fill vase with warm water. Add flower food if available. Clean foliage off stems to keep water clean and fresher longer. Cut stems at an angle.
2. Line the vase with Monte Casino fillers, keeping them taller in the back.
3. Add the roses to the filler and cross the stems of each to create a grid.
4. Finish with alstroemeria flowers, cutting them a little shorter and placing around the outside of the vase.
Tip: After cutting flowers, put them in water immediately and place them about an inch off the bottom of the vase.